Sponsoring a child in UgandaMarch 28, 2022
Children with disabilities in Uganda.March 29, 2022
How empowering children disabilities can help eradicate poverty in Uganda.
Empowering children with disabilities- A disabled child is a child whose physical and mental health is not normal and they always have issues relating to intellectual, hearing, visual, speaking impairments to mention but a few. These children are in most cases looked at as less productive to the communities they live in.
Milele Foundation Uganda is here to change each and everyone’s mindset that empowering children with disabilities can change the story of these children.This can help eradicate poverty in Uganda through the empowerment of the disabled children and helping parents and educating them on how to handle such children.
Empowerment simply means extending a helping hand to those who are not in position to support themselves. This can be in form of finances, skills, education or even through sensitization that will help them change their lives and their standards of living hence living better lives.
Empowering children with disabilities can be done through sponsorships, sensitizations, skill trainings and many others. All these can help eradicate poverty in the following ways.
- Through empowerment of disabled children, they gain the skills like business skills that they put into practice by joining the business sector who in the end start earning large amounts of money that help them make their lives better as they can now even take care of their parents hence helping in eradicating poverty in Uganda.
- Through disabled children empowerment, these children are able to acquire knowledge of how the world moves and its challenges and how they are being solved. These very children can start participating in decision making either at family level or beyond that cause a great impact on the environment and Uganda as a wholehence helping to eradicate poverty in Uganda.
- As a result of disabled children empowerment, these children gain the confidence to demand for their rights like any other person hence some end up participating in different sectors like politics and start acting as a voice for the people they lead which is a form of provision of services then eradicating poverty in Uganda.
- Provision of disabled children with education helps them gain the confidence and they discover their potentials in different fields. Some of them are given a hand to continue to higher education who as a result become very important people and great business men and women. They can be paid highly and come back to communities to support others thus eradicating poverty in Uganda.
- Through empowerment of disabled children, their love for the country is raises and they feel they have a belonging and once these children are given chance to participate in any community work they do it in the right way required hence eradicating poverty in Uganda.
- Through provision of education to disabled children as a form of empowerment gives a chance to these children to join the employment sector in future and as a result these citizens also provide revenue to the government in form of paying taxes that the government use to provide services to the government to provide services to the people hence eradicating poverty in Uganda.
How can one volunteer with disabled children in Uganda.
The following are the ways in which you can volunteer with the disabled children in Uganda.
- Advocating for equal rights of children regardless of their physical make up.
- Sensitization of parents and care takers of these children on how they should handle and treat these disabled children.
- Provision of scholarships to support disabled children in schools whose parents are not in position to raise their school fees.
- Mentorships of the disabled with in communities on how they can explore their potentials both in schools and around communities.
Ones’ disability is another person’s inability and one’s inability is another one’s disability and no one chooses to be born the way they are born and how the future should handle them from any risks that may cause disability to them. Therefore, everybody should join hands together in helping children attain all rights like any other children. This this can be through sponsorships, donors, community sensitization and many others.